Small Businesses are among the industries that we specialize in for our clients. We provide service to our small business clients in the specific areas of Tax Preparation, Business Planning, & Accounting Services. We are pleased to provide our services to many small business owners in the CA central valley and across the United States. We work with our small business owners through their special needs and circumstances in the ever changing and complex tax law for Small Business Owners in the United States.
While your know-how is certain to make an important difference in your business success, you’re no doubt well aware that producing a winning combination for a smooth-running operation depends on many other factors as well. High on the list of considerations should be creating the ability to meet the criteria imposed by Uncle Sam & the IRS. To help you avoid headaches that can go along with trying to meet new & old tax law requirements, we highlight pitfalls to be aware of for you and provide tips on how to overcome them.
The Small Business Administration estimates that there are over five million new business startups each year. There studies continue to reveal that in the 1st year of business over 25% of them fail. By the 5th year of business, studies reveal that over 55% of new business will fail. Even more startling than those statistics is that by the 10th year of business, over 71% of all new business startups will have failed. How are you going to reverse these statics and be in the 29% of new business startups who are still growing after 10 years? We recommend that you purchase, “The E-Myth Revisited” by Michael E. Gerber & schedule an appointment at our office to answer that question.
Here are the types of small business clients that we currently serve:
- Professional Business
- Construction – All Phases
- Service Business
- Retail Business
- Wholesale Business
When you employ RLJ Financial Services for tax and accounting services, you can feel secure, knowing that a tax professional reviews every step for accuracy and completeness. Here is what you will get beyond the standard basic accounting and tax firm from RLJ Financial Services:
- We focus on helping our small business owners to increase their profits, better their cash flow situations, get the most out of their assets, and work with you in providing information about your business to your Investors, Shareholders, Owners, and Bankers.
- We allow you to relax knowing that we keep a close eye on new tax laws regarding the small business industry and the ever increasing laws that you have to comply with.
- We work with our small business owners to structure a customized tax strategy for their unique business to minimize their tax burden.
- We help you design a long term vision for your business. We will also help you establish an efficient “exit” strategy for when you want to sell or pass on your small business. We will work to establish an effective estate plan in order to pass your wealth to the next generation with the least amount of possible tax.
- We will help you setup and maintain your QuickBooks (or an equivalent bookkeeping software) in the most efficient manner.
Be sure to ask us about the following unique services & documents that we have created here at RLJ Financial Services especially for you:
Here are a few links and resources especially to help you Small Business Owners with your special Tax Information:
- IRS - Small Business & Self-Employed Tax Center
- IRS - Small Business Forms and Publications
- IRS – Small Business Form Instructions
- IRS - Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center
- IRS – Employment Tax Forms
- IRS - How to apply for an EIN
- EDD (CA) Payroll Tax Information
- IRS – Affordable Care Act Provisions
- CA – Overtime Info - including Wage & Hour requirements
- CA – Worker’s Compensation Insurance issues and regulations
- CA – Required Employee Posted Notices
- CA – Injury & Illness prevention Program & Info
- CA – Employee Handbook
- SBA – Small Business Administration
If you would like to receive more information about our Small Business Tax Preparation and Planning Services or Accounting Services, please contact us.